Expressive Arts and Design
Expressive arts and design focuses on two key areas:
- Exploring and using media and materials
- Being imaginative
On this page you can see the activities we have been getting up to in school that help us develop our skills in this area.
Over Christmas we have been very busy in Santas Workshop and we have been creating lots of different things for Christmas.
- Rudolf Christmas Cards that we created from our footprints and wrote inside.
- Christmas Dinner place mats that we used for our School Christmas Dinner.
- Dried orange decorations that we sliced, dried and decirated with cloves.
- Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer hats that we wore for our performances of our class song.
In our continuous provision the children have been:
- creating Christmas trees from crates
- wrappjng presents in Santas Workshop
- writing cards independently to each other
- practicing for our Nativity show on a stage they made from crates
- acting out Christmas Day by getting santa to dress up and deliver presents to sleeping children.
- Act out the Nativity story in our stable